Monday, July 27, 2009

Empowered!!!

Yup
I am sooo refreshed.
I feel new and Empowered.
Sigh!
To think I didnt want to sign up for the program, to think I just wanted to sit in the hotel reading a book while the others went!
Sigh!
I'm sooooooooooooo glad I went.
What am I talking about?
I plugged in the videos in here, so you'll see!!(Yup, Devine knows how to work this blog thing!) lol






So there I am 230 feet from the ground and I'm thinking,
What the heck am I doing? ?
It tethers there for about 5seconds, you know, just sitting there and it then sends you speeding down at a 75 degree angle of descent with speeds reaching 125km/hour!

With open air seating!!
Do you know what that means?
I'll show you what it means

This is it!
Its not one of those rides that has you strapped in from your shoulders so at least you feel safe! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! all you have are the handles to hold on to!
A
track length of 5,318 feet! This ride is insane!
Simply insane!
But I loved it!
Gosh, I want to do it again!!
Call me Krazie please but i so cant wait to do it again!
I cant remember the last time I was on a roller coaster but this rocked my world, It woke me up!
I dont know why i picked this to be the first ride i broke the ice with, but I feel so good that I did
I went on to explore some other rides, some flipping you upside-down, some spinning round and round as tho nothing was holding us to the machine!
And the sugar! lol
You should have seen me, stacking up boxes of cotton candy(aka candy floss!) like I was never going to taste it again!
I love it!
Thats what I look forward to at fares and stuff the sugar!
Still havent tried candied apples, it looks like too much sugar to me, plus I'm not apple's biggest fan!!
And then just when I thought I'd done it, just when I thought it was time to go home
I stood face to face with the ride called the drop zone
My friends looked up at it and said, ok! we're done, lets go, but I stood transfixed, just staring
I was determined not to leave without getting on that ride
Just for the record, I was scared!!Okay, but I put on my 'I aint no punk' face and strapped myself in for the ride
The ride pulls you 230 feet up into the air
(Ok think 23floors high if we approximate a floor to be 10feet high)
and then it leaves you there for about 5-7 seconds(I counted, before I got on it!) and then drops you, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
CRAZY MAYNE!!!!
like when I got down I felt so pumped, if you told me to punch a wall i would have!
This was one empowering weekend!
I am in a very go-get mood!!
Love y'all, real talk coming up next
August is our Real Talk Month, NO HOLDS BOUND!!! WE ARE SAYING IT ALL!!!
Please send requests, questions or suggestions to oluwaniifemi@hotmail.com
Be -E!!

2 comments:

Fabulo-la said...

Real talk? What is real talk about?

Devine said...

Real talk is just speaking your mind
We'll be entertaining issues that ppl consider 'huge' controversial, that kinda thing